I’m David Pearson. This is my personal website.
I work. During the day. In the public sector.
I manage website publishing – trying to make sure that everything we do is focused on meeting the needs of users of government information.
I have a long-standing interest in social media – in the ways that we connect with others – in the ways that we identify relevant influencers or experts – and in networks and networking.
But I try to avoid talking about these things – pretending to be an expert in things where I’m not!
I’m an experienced photographer, tending to specialise in the following:
- events – I’ve covered a range of events from conferences to weddings and presentations
- trains and planes – in both cases aiming to capture these as landscape features
- sport – I’ve photographed most sports, from badminton and rugby through to cricket, volleyball and football, and darts or cribbage.
I’ve used a camera since my early teens – I’ve developed and printed my own black and white slides, prints and colour film – and I’ve watched (and used) cameras as they’ve evolved to help the picture-making process. I’ve used digital cameras pretty much exclusively since 2001 – through many iterations and improvements.
Some of the events I’ve covered:
- OneTeamGov Global
- GovCamp 2018
- Etcetera: the Civil Service Choir
- #Reimagine2017 (note: only some of this work is mine!)
- GovCamp 2017
- 2016 Annual GovDelivery Conference
- GovCamp 2016
- GovCamp 2015
- 300 Seconds, Bristol
- GovCamp 2014
- 300 Seconds London
- GovCamp 2013
- Defra: Ministerial reception
- Defra: Food Pioneers
- Defra: Open Data
Find my work
I don’t claim any great expertise in video work – I’ve covered some events, plus trains and planes and stuff. A few things I’ve filmed end edited and am quite pleased include these:
Lewes Bonfire 2017
PS Waverley at Tower Bridge
I occasionally stick other odd videos I’ve made on my YouTube channel.
And some recent work for Etcetera: the Civil Service Choir:
- Handel’s Messiah Pt 1 and Hallelujah Chorus
- O Holy Night (part of the Choir’s 2017 Carol Service)
- 2017 Carol Service – choral and congregational carols